Monday, November 1, 2010

Deployment

I haven't blogged in a long time because life is crazy, lets face it. My husband is getting deployed and I'm still trying to cope. He leaves in two weeks and I'm freaking out. I feel like even if I took the whole time off work I still wouldn't get to spend as much time with him as I would like. I'm probably smothering him, but oh well. I am so not ready for this, I know its not all about me and I should stop complaining because I am so blessed in all other aspects of my life. My family is super supportive and understanding. I love my home and the area that its in. My religion (http://www.lds.org/ to see more about it) is so uplifting and gives me strength in the toughest of times. I have great friends and nieghbors. I have a good job and love what I do (most days :) and most of all I have a wonderful husband that is my life.  I charish every moment I have with him knowing that he is leaving. I find myself worrying less about what the house looks like (even though it is super embarassing when people come over) and more on spending every second being with him. But with all these blessings, I can't help but feel the devisatation coming when he will be ripped from my arms for a year. I know we will get through it, we've done it before. But I don't do it well. I am giving you all a fair warning that I get pretty awnry when he's gone. I will try my hardest not to take it out on anyone as long as you don't ask me the dumb questions like "do you miss him?", "do you like having the whole bed to yourself?", etc. I will tell you the answers now, I miss him so much it hurts. I would sleep on the floor for the rest of my life to have him next to me every night, and no matter how opptimistically I try to look at the situation, it is still MISERABLE, so please, if I burst into tears for no reason, or need to stay in my bed for the weekend, forgive me. Hold your loves ones tight and don't let a day pass by without telling them how much you love them. Thanks for letting me vent.

2 comments:

Amanda Butterfield said...

Awe sweetie, you will get through it, though I can't even begin to imagine how hard it will be for you. If you need anything, call me anytime for any reason.

Ashley said...

People seriously ask you if you miss him? What a dumb question! Thinking of you a lot - we'd love to have you over for dinner after he's gone.